10 Best Slippers for Men 2017
Wearing slippers is something that everyone can enjoy and men looking for this kind of shoe do so for a range of reasons. Whether you are looking for warmth, comfort, convenience or style, you should only opt for the best slippers for men.
The biggest mistake that men make when they are looking for slippers is to assume it will be an easy decision. Slippers, in fact, are a much more complicated product than they seem.
To make sure you have all the information you need we have created this guide with handy tips and advice to choose between a variety of slippers for men.
Features to Think About
We have also crafted a table of the top ten slippers on the market to narrow your search even further. While each item on the list has unique positives we have focused on one specific feature that splits slippers into two main categories.
- Open-Heel. These slippers are the ones that truly do slip on and off. They are generally used for those that will want to jump into them and remove them on a regular basis. The best uses of these slippers are for part of a morning routine or to be used to go outside.
- Closed. When the back of the heel is closed this means the slipper is more aimed at providing comfort, warmth, and style.
Top 10 Men’s Slippers Table
|1. Sorel Men's Falcon Ridge||Open-heel||$$$$||4.6|
|2. ACORN Men's Acorn Moc||Closed||$$$||4.5|
|3. Minnetonka Men's Hardsole Pile-Lined||Closed||$$$$||4.5|
|4. Tamarac Men's Cody Sheepskin||Closed||$$$||4.4|
|5. Deer Stags Men's Wherever||Open-heel||$||4.1|
|6. Slip On Indoor/Outdoor Fleece Scuffs||Open-heel||$$||4.1|
|7. Isotoner Men’s Microterry Clog||Closed||$$||4.0|
|8. J. Fiallo Mens New Suade||Open-heel||$||3.8|
|9. Perry Ellis Portfolio||Closed||$$||3.8|
|10. Alpine Swiss Yukon||Closed||$$||3.6|
What Makes for the Best Slippers for Men
Apart from the basic two categories, there are also many features you should consider before you make your final choice.
- Color Options. It can be very frustrating to find a company that creates some of the best men’s slippers and then to find they don’t offer a good selection of colors. The majority of the slippers included on our list come in a range of color options and are all of the highest quality too.
- Warmth and Comfort. This can be determined by two main factors: the material and the lining. The material that the slipper is made of should be flexible but not too soft that it will warp with each step you take. If you are looking for the ultimate warmth then you should certainly opt for slippers with a fleece lining.
- Strength. For those that want their slippers to last a long time or if you are planning on wearing them outside you will need to focus on the strength of the product.
This is closely related to the material that the slipper is made of but it is crucial to also look at the sole of the slipper. Some have a fabric bottom with anti-slip dots and others have a full grip sole that will make the slippers last for a much longer time.
Top 3 Best Men’s Slippers Reviews
The Sorel Men’s Falcon Ridge Slipper is on the higher end of the price scale for slippers but with good reason. These slippers are made of real leather, have impeccable stitching and have a wool-blend lining that is as close to being as warm as real fur as you are going to get.
Even considering the high-quality materials and the durable rubber sole, these slippers are surprisingly lightweight. They are comfortable with a removable EVA insole and they even come in a variety of colors. These are something that would be a great gift for the person that has it all.
The lining and the cushioning inside these slippers will mold to your feet as you wear them. If you plan on wearing them mostly without socks then you should do this the first few times you wear the slippers to get the right shape inside from the beginning.
Having a slipper that you can wear all day around the house or in your hotel can make all the difference in your comfort. That is why so many choose the ACORN Men’s Moc Slipper. This is a closed slipper that you will wear like a shoe all day.
It keeps you warm and toasty with its fleece and will stay on your feet even when you put them up on the coffee table. There are different colors to choose from which is always a good thing. The material and the overall design make this shoe long-lasting too.
The memory foam insole with EVA midsole means that these are the kind of slippers that are great for anyone that wants warmth and comfort, even when there are foot issues to deal with. One of the best things about these slippers is that they can also be put right in the washing machine.
The best slippers for men are the ones that can be worn without looking feminine and look masculine without being uncomfortable. The Minnetonka Hardsole Pile-Lined Slipper has managed the perfect combination of style and comfort. These are closed slippers that have a hard sole that makes them wearable inside and out.
The stitching makes the style of the shoes more masculine and they look more like traditional moccasins. Considering the materials that these slippers are made of, they are incredibly durable.
They are an investment but they will last for a long time too so you definitely get your money’s worth out of these slippers. They are warm and comfy but they do run slightly large as the inside lining molds to your feet. It is better to get a half size smaller than normal to allow for the materials to settle.